Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intel lectual, emotional, physical,
and social growth.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience/Education/Certification):
Bachelor’s degree and valid Texas teaching certificate.
1. Plan, develop, and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s instructional program and show written evidence of
preparations as required; prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student abilities and learning styles; linguistically
accommodate instruction as appropriate for English language learners; coordinate with special education teachers to modify curricula as
needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
2. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits; help improve the achievement of all students; conduct ongoing assessment
of student achievement through formal and informal testing and provide remediation as appropriate to ensure student mastery; assume
responsibility and sponsor extracurricular activities as appropriate.
3. Create a classroom environment conducive to active and successful student learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional
development of students; manage student behavior.
4. Establish and maintain effective open communication with students, parents, teachers, and administrators; participate in staff professional
5. Complete appropriate documentation for students participating in special programs as required by district, state and federal guidelines.
6. Follow Educator Code of Conduct & all policies, procedures, laws and state/federal regulations.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions (Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Demands):
Maintain emotional control under stress; must be able to lift and/or carry at least 30 lbs.