The Data Analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing data to develop solutions. This position is also responsible for tracking HR metrics, conducting benefit audits, managing the cost of service evaluations for each HR function, and creating dashboards and reports for senior management.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for account reconciliations, benefit deduction research and adjustments, web portal maintenance, data analysis to ensure compliance and correcting system inaccuracies.
- Conduct internal benefit audits including data collection, validation, trend analysis, and reconciliation analysis on utilizing financial, pharmacy, claims, vendor and insured data.
- Work collaboratively with the benefits administrator to develop/implement action plan(s) to resolve findings.
- Coordinate date transfer to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Respond to requests for complex data analysis, reports and predictive data modeling.
- Facilitate problem escalations and either resolves them or escalates them to the appropriate level for resolution. This includes evaluating and responding to appeals and benefit plan data requests. Produce reports for and interface with senior management and internal and external stakeholders.
- Track HR metrics and identify data trends in various functional areas of human resources – i.e. hire, turnover, open jobs, unemployment claims, benefit enrollments, job fair metrics, etc.
- Review and recommend process or program improvements.
- Maintain relationships with vendors to ensure their level of service is delivered to the Company’s expectations.
- Calculate the cost of service for each HR function.
- Provide system support and administration.
- Participate in HR initiatives including job fairs, software implementation, open enrollment, and benefit health fairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, HR or related field and three years of related experience, or any combination of education, training or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Working knowledge of company HR policies and procedures and state and federal employment laws
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Strong skills in data analysis
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and HRIS systems
- Ability to work extended periods outside of standard business hours on occasion
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers at all levels of the company
- Experience with Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership and training skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prior generalist experience
- Prior experience with ADP payroll administration
- Prior experience with Oracle
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification
- Prior experience supporting benefits/healthcare and business analytics
- Data Warehouse and coding experience
- Advanced skills in SQL, SharePoint, and Microsoft Applications, including Excel and Access