FLSA Status: Exempt
The HR Generalist will provide administrative support and assist in the daily operations of the Human Resources department. The successful candidate will play an integral role in assisting employees with benefits and leave of absence administration and provide backup support for the site Payroll Specialist. The individual will be the local site’s subject matter expert for benefits in partnership with the corporate benefits team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist corporate benefits team with administration of local employee benefit programs including enrollment.
- Conduct new hire and conversion benefits presentations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
- Addresses benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions.
- Manages full leave of absence (LOA) administration process for local site.
- Monitors each LOA case to ensure timely return to work upon medical release.
- Maintains all LOA coding in Kronos ensuring coding is aligned with LOA and Occupational Health Services (OHS) reporting
- Identifies and processes overpayment recovery requests
- Maintains consistent communication with corporate payroll department regarding exempt employee disability status and pending overpayments.
- Produces scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to benefits requirements.
- Provide recruiting support, source candidates and schedule interviews
- Process unemployment claims
- Assist in visa process
- Work on special assignments/projects as they arise
- Support accurate and timely timekeeping processes for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees; including reviewing and correcting hours from time and attendance system and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with Human Resources team to improve timekeeping processes.
- Administer the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
- Produces scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll requirements for Human Resources and Accounting
- Assist Supervisors and employees with timekeeping issues and address all questions as necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with advance experience in Excel (including use of advanced functions i.e. vlookup, pivot tables etc).
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Possesses strong organization skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Possesses a creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Has shown ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data. Ability to provide excellent customer service a must.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with data and sensitive materials.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
- 3-5 years’ experience in HR with direct experience in payroll, benefits, and managing Leave of Absence
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- This is largely a sedentary role.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
ICU Medical is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.