The Dishwasher is responsible for delivery of services provided by the Dietary Department. Assist food service team in preparation and presentation of high-quality meals and services, and performs duties as required for the smooth operation of the Dietary Department.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Shift Details: Saturday and Sunday 7am - 7pm
Dishwasher Job Responsibilities:
- A big smile, eagerness to learn, and compassion for our Residents
- If under the age of 18 must provide proper school work authorization (if applicable)
- Six months experience as a cook’s helper recommended but not required
- Perform necessary responsibility for dish and pot washing, and general cleaning duties
- Set up and break down the dish machine and pot washing area according to policy and procedure
- Follow proper sanitation and cross contamination techniques to ensure an infection-free environment
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes, and utensils according to proper procedure
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces, and the kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures
- Wash all utensils, chinaware, eating utensils, and glassware for reset of dining area
- Clean entire dish room, including washing floor mats, draining and cleaning dishwasher, and shining stainless steel. Clean and organize janitor’s closet. Sweep and mop dish room and kitchen floors, storage areas, employees’ break room, and delivery entrance as scheduled or requested by management
- Empty trash containers and properly sanitize them as required
- Maintain standards of personal appearance and cleanliness
- Maintain and follow safe and sanitary policies and conditions
- Prepare food using correct methods of preparation and storage
- Properly label and rotate supplies upon received orders
- Attend in-service training and education sessions as assigned
- Ensure food temperatures and presentation meet standards
- Promptly discuss and resolve any potential food service and care coordination problems with all involved team members and team leaders
- Work established floor plans, attend menu class, complete side work and sign off on the assigned open and closing checklists
- Advise the Director of Food and Beverage regarding kitchen and dining room operations status, to include equipment needs, repairs, etc.
- Attend in-service training and education sessions as required
- Maintain high level of professionalism and customer service orientation with all residents and other team members. Conduct yourself and your business at all times so as not to detract from or reflect adversely on the reputation of the Community
- Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse and in a caring, polite and professional manner
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401K; PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.