Position Summary: The Project Manager plays an integral role in the New Construction division of Selfhelp Realty Group, Inc. (“SRG”). The Project Manager will further SRG’s efforts in the development and preservation of affordable housing, moving projects from site identification through to conversion. The Project Manager will lead due diligence efforts, manage consultant teams, secure financing, ensure compliance with various programs, agencies and lenders, and assist in lease up. The position will report directly to the Deputy Executive Director and will work with other SRG New Construction and Asset Management staff, as well as Selfhelp Community Services, Inc. staff, as necessary.
- Manage all phases of development for new construction projects including reviewing feasibility analysis, obtaining entitlement and local approvals, developing and maintaining proformas, assisting in securing all financing, and managing the design and construction phases.
- Conduct all physical, financial and operational due diligence on properties during the feasibility, acquisition and pre-development phases.
- Submit and track required City/State signoffs (Enterprise Green Communities, NYSERDA, DOB, SHP, ULURP). Oversee compliance with sustainability programs, including Enterprise Green Communities, NYSERDA NCP, and PHIUS during pre-construction, construction, and post construction.
- Manage all aspects of project financing, including financial modeling, financing applications to local, state and federal funding agencies (HPD, HCR, HFA, ESSHI, etc.) and requisition processes.
- Track construction progress and costs to ensure timely project completion. Manage architects and contractors during design and construction phases, oversee preparation of construction bidding and contract materials, and oversee all third party consultants. Participate in construction administration, identify decisions for ownership, and coordinate decision-making process.
- Coordinate marketing and lease up process and transition to stabilized operations, working with internal departments (asset management, property management, accounting, and resident programs) before, during and after construction to ensure smooth tenant relations and transition to operations.
- Oversee compliance with City, State, and Federal oversight agencies and with private investors/lenders.
- Coordinate responses to Request for Proposals and Requests for Qualifications
- Assist Selfhelp’s Grants and Research Department in the preparation of project-related grants and work closely with Selfhelp departments in collaboration on inter-departmental projects.
- Maintain internal and external databases.
Selfhelp complies with all Federal, State and Local laws in regards to wages.