Team environment, newly constructed offices, state of the art technology, and a long standing commitment to our employees and the community are just a few of the reasons to consider joining our team!
We are currently seeking to hire a Senior level Investment Accountant to manage an Investment Office/Family Office. Performs specialized accounting and reporting functions and leads special projects. Coordinates monthly, quarterly and annual investment reporting. Conducts asset allocation research and assists with investment manager selection/termination.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs specialized investment accounting, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Responsible for designated investment and financial reporting programs and related schedules.
- Provides oversight for and coordinates various monthly, quarterly and annual investment accounting processes that impact financial statements. Assures data integrity.
- Provides oversight of the compilation and reconciliation of specific accounts and reviews accounting treatment.
- Develops contacts with external service providers, custodians, and investment manager. Responds to internal and external audit requests.
- Serves as a subject matter expert by answering questions for others and facilitates meeting topics.
- Coaches, mentors and trains staff.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Leads special projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Oracle, Access and Excel and other department software. Experience with Advent a strong plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Ability to train and coach employees.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- 5+ years of related accounting experience required.
- MBA or CPA Preferred
It is the policy of the Company to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and job applicants. The employment practices of the Company are conducted without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, disability, sex (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification as specified under the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972), religion or age.