You are a part of
The Electronic Systems & IoT department is part of Philips Innovation Services and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands).
You will encounter an environment with a high entrepreneurial mindset and a love for technology since we work on highly innovative propositions, new to Philips. Together with our diverse team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. We are a social team, we love to share both knowledge and personal stuff.
In this role, as Senior FPGA design engineer, you have the opportunity to accelerate innovation and the creation of 1st of a kind new healthcare products that matter. You are responsible for:
Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, having an outside-in approach for the designs you create & the knowledge you share with your team;
- The design, realization, integration, and test (TDD) of (embedded) systems or subsystems for future Philips products;
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget & aligning with project leader;
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation to support the developed code;
- Designing functionality that is smart in cost and effectiveness using existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system;
- Contributing to improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements, our way of working and future-oriented studies.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in VHDL and Verilog coding and bonus points if also System Verilog (verification);
- Familiar with using high level synthesis (HLS) for FPGA;
- Experience in working with major FPGA vendors and their tools (Xilinx/Microsemi/Intel);
- Proven track record in implementing high speed design and high speed interfaces.
- Strong analytical skills in problem solving using system debug and functional simulation test benches;
- Experience in writing specifications and design documentation;
- Proven track record in cross-functional teams, you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment.
Challenging tasks on technical interesting products. The opportunity to grow beyond initially assigned tasks/responsibilities for those with the right drive and skills. A pleasant working environment with flexible working hours.
Depending on your work experience and educational level, we offer you a gross salary of €3.300 – €5.000 per month, and you are eligible for the Yacht bonus scheme. Besides this, we offer a healthy work-life balance and the ability to work according to a flexible work schedule. We also offer other benefits, such as collective discount on health insurance and a good pension scheme.