We are looking for a superstar legal counsel to join Yotpo's legal team at our Tel Aviv Office. Reporting to our General Counsel, you will serve as both strategic thought partner and subject matter expert for teams across the company. This exciting opportunity includes advising on a wide range of legal matters, focusing on privacy and GDPR compliance issues, procurement agreements, in-bound licensing agreements, employment matters, and more. In our work, we aim to be smart, industrious, creative and, above all, collaborative.
You will bring a business-oriented, practical mindset to solving problems while delivering legal advice without the legalese. This is a great opportunity to scale the legal team in a mission-driven company and offers exposure to many different issues.
You will team up with and provide practical guidance to support Yotpo's needs that balances our goals and legal risk, taking into account company policies and positions.
- Provide legal advice and closely work with all teams at Yotpo, with focus on privacy expertise and the procurement and IT organizations and other key business units including R&D, product, EMEA human resources and operations.
- Review, draft, negotiate, and interpret a wide variety of commercial agreements including vendor agreements, software licensing agreements, data processing agreements, facility agreements, NDAs and ensure that all commercial agreements adequately protect the company's interests, improve processes, and increase scalability.
- Managing the company's privacy and compliance initiatives.
- Advising business stakeholders, taking into account the relevant legal issues and risks, agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, playbooks and legal processes.
- Provide general legal support to our global business on an as-needed basis.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be/Have:
- At least 7 years of experience practicing law in the technology space with at least 2 years experience as an in-house lawyer in a legal department of a high-tech company.
- Proven expertise and experience with negotiating data privacy agreements, including a working knowledge of GDPR and CCPA; (Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) an advantage).
- Enjoy interaction and involvement with the technical team of the company.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating, and managing procurement, professional services, business and intellectual property agreements.
- Confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively provide sound legal advice, exercise good business judgment, and work well with other attorneys, management, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with, influence, and inform diverse groups, including peers and customers.
- Collaborative, positive, service-minded; must work independently.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.