The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Client Change Manager.
The Client Change Management team provide dedicated support to key clients in response to Client Initiated Change Requests. The Senior Manager role will be accountable for the prioritisation, planning and delivery a body of client changes for his/her assigned HSS clients, as well as the management of the team members.
- Ensure pro-active management of client change request delivery. This will require direct liaison and co-ordination with the Client and internal HSBC teams: Sector Product, Sales & Client Management teams, DB&S Platform teams, Testing, PMO and Operations
- Ensure a holistic view of all change requests for the client is understood and managed across the different teams within Design, Build and Support, Client Management and Service Delivery.
- Deliver consistency and efficiencies in MI reporting, internal reporting, prioritisation of inbound change as well as the on-going tracking and management of progress, risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies, costs, and key meetings
- The role holder may have specific relationship management responsibility for key Clients (where capacity allows)
- Lead/support departmental initiatives for Product Delivery Asia, and Global Product Delivery
- Provide support for client throughout the delivery of client change requests and ensure progress/issues are clearly communicated to the client
- Plan and control the change request delivery process using agile approaches, across internal HSS teams
- Manage and ensure consistent approach for the change request process across platforms
- Facilitate the client change process from identification, requirements gathering, impact assessment, prioritization support, implementation planning and monitoring
- Produce and track key Change MI and KPIs across all within the CCM team, reporting regularly and accurately, both to clients and for internal status updates / risk management purposes
- Ensure consistent governance within the CCM team, via standard regular reporting, financial control, RAID management, stakeholder management, resource management and other applicable robust controls throughout the change request management cycle
- Collaborate with our clients and internal teams to ensure that changes being delivered are fit for purpose and ready for adoption into production
- Build key relationships with internal HSS stakeholders, ensuring that CCM team is aware of the forward load/roadmap and have the necessary plans in place to assist with delivery of these within the agreed parameters of the project
- Evolve and improve change request processes and refine the approaches, methods and tools used to deliver change to clients in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Continually develop own subject matter expertise in HSS Business Functions, Products, Systems & Processes
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars), internal control standards and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group’s standards of ethical behaviour
- Challenge where best practice/behaviour is not evident, so that the team continues to improve and reduce/eliminate errors
- Maintain an awareness of topical market initiatives and in particular changes to legislation in Financial Services
Profile of Candidate:
- Disciplined project management professional with demonstrable experience in the management of multiple parallel projects (small – medium) and the application of robust governance standards, including management of cost
- Experience in the delivery of projects utilising Agile techniques and understanding of product delivery in practice
- Experience of leading teams, supporting team development, capability uplift and performance management
- Able to demonstrate ability to build relationships with C-Suite/ Senior stakeholders and networks across the business
- Experience managing external clients and stakeholder in including regulators
- Experience of benefits identification, modelling and management techniques
- Strong business requirements management and testing awareness
- A solid understanding of SDLC and business change techniques including the application of industry-standard methodologies, techniques, complex modelling, and scenario planning.
- Financial Services experience, ideally in a Fund Administration, Transfer Agency or Investment Management field, with a proven experience and understanding of a complex Operations environment including current mandatory regulations
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
Academic and professional qualifications:
- A high quality degree level education, and a first class general academic track record
- A professional Change Management/Project Management qualification and a proven track record of delivering change
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal, and proven track record of managing teams across multiple locations
- Change orientated with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to lead and influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Highly energetic and delivery focused, with the ability to deliver quality results with a challenging but positive and influential style
- Flexible approach and the ability to handle a varied portfolio of initiatives and a high workload
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.