Reporting to the General Manager, Resort, the Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for
the performance of the entire Food & Beverage Department including Culinary, Range Lounge &
Grill, Banquets, and Outlets (currently consisting of Concessions, a Market, a Kiosk and an
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proven ability to forecast, plan and manage products, labour expenses, staffing needs
and related financials (cost/profit benefits).
- Proven ability to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and
- Leads team by example and through hands-on orientation, training and monitoring of
- Establishes goals around systems, standards and sales, and monitors performance on a
regular and ongoing basis.
- Inspects all areas to ensure safety, sanitation, energy management, and preventive
- Ensures standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and
- Assists with planning and execution of sales and marketing activities and identifies ways
to promote functions and expand business.
- Establishes quantity and quality output standards for all positions.
- Ensures all legal requirements are consistently adhered to for alcoholic beverages, food
safety and sanitation.
- Consults with chefs and other key supervisors to ensure the highest level of member
satisfaction at a minimum cost.
- Development of wine lists and wine sales promotion.
- Ensures correct handling to minimize breakage and food waste.
- Efficiently addresses complaints to ensure satisfactory outcome.
- Ensures appropriate supplies are readily available at all times.
- Maintains appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of equipment/facilities.
- Ensures all equipment is in working order at all times, manages repairs and associated
- Monitors feedback from all channels and reacts appropriately.
- Produces and regularly updates costed schedule.
- Monitors promotional accounts.
- Participates in planning, setup and execution of all group functions.