1 ‑ Temporary Full Time ‑ Composite ‑ RN
Paediatric Inpatient Unit & Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
**Composite = the successful candidates will be required to work in Paediatric Inpatient Unit & Neonatal
Intensive Care Unit with Paediatric Inpatient Unit as the home unit.
It is a condition of this posting that your home unit can accommodate your temporary absence in the event
you are successful.
Reporting to the Manager of Paediatric Services and Child & Adolescent Mental Health, you will be responsible for
providing quality nursing care to patients including complex patient populations whose outcomes are not predictable.
As part of a multidisciplinary health care team, you will practice within the Professional Standards of the College of
Nurses of Ontario, the Philosophy of patient and family centered care, mission vision, Values and the policies of
Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre.
Applicants must have the following qualification:
* Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
* Current certification in BCLS
* Recent experience in neonatal and paediatric nursing with experience in the care of critical and complex patient
populations, including care of medical surgical patients, beginning families, patients with mental health and/or
behavioural diagnosis, care of children with developmental challenges, preterm and critically ill infants
* Recent experience working with cardio‑respiratory monitoring in a critical care setting
* Ability to use the Nursing Process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) in conjunction with her/his
basic and ongoing knowledge to arrive at individualized care planning and delivery
* Identify and recognize abnormal or unexpected patient responses and take appropriate action
* Ability to simultaneously manage multiple nursing interventions
* Strong interprofessional and communication skills
* Central Venous Line Management
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification (NRP)
In addition to the above qualifications, preference will be given to applicants who:
* Have a certification or recent continuing education in paediatrics, neonatal or perinatal nursing, lactation support,
Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Emergency Nurses Paediatric Course (ENPC)
Salary Range: $33.560 to 48.050
The Health Sciences Centre strives to ensure the safety and security of the patients, visitors, employees and assets
financial and otherwise. As one tool in the recruitment screening process, all offers of employment to external
candidates shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) to ensure the absence of relevant
The Health Sciences Centre (HSC) is committed to delivering healthcare in a manner that is consistent with Patient
and Family Centred Care. Applicants are required to have a demonstrated knowledge, understanding and
commitment to this care philosophy.
Candidates will have demonstrated adherence to the Hospital's Code of Conduct. Regular attendance at work is
imperative, therefore, all applicants will have to demonstrate a good attendance record to be considered for this
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work
environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a
workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible
minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply and self‑identify. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability
are available throughout the selection process. Additionally we are identified as an English/French speaking health
sciences centre and encourage bilingual candidates to apply.
If there are no qualified applicants for the above position, the Hospital may, at their discretion, train unqualified
Interested applicants must submit a resume outlining relative previous experience and training no later than
11:59p.m. on Tuesday, 22 September, 2020.
Internal applicants may apply via the job posting page on the iNtranet. External applicants must apply through our
Posted: September 15, 2020