If you are a passionate technologist whose ambition is to work with people providing innovative and leading-edge production and operational support, using best in class development, support and operational practices and tooling via a DevOps model, customer-centric solutions for our global customers, then look no further!
The Customer Support & Operational Enablement (CSOE) team provides clients with Production and Development support, and operational enablement for digital OSS/BSS and network functions. We work hand-in-hand with our global customers and internal organisations to provide strategic, complex technology solutions. We also support our customer’s (70% of Tier 1 & 2 global telecom operators) successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity. We are a team of highly-skilled, driven technologists with a track record of delivering innovative and strategic solutions to enable our customer’s success. We regularly engage with high-profile customer-facing roles and internal stakeholders across the entire business in Openet.
What is the expertise needed for this opportunity?
The ideal person
for our team will be an experienced lead of a DevOps team, having prior experience in customer support and operations and committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people. You will have a relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree and have a curiosity to learn more as we will be deploying a new PCF solution into Optus 5G network and the role will mainly support and operate this solution. A proven track record of working in a support and operations environment the ability to clearly describe technical content, experience with complex design and development and used to working under pressure. Previous experience in customer management and customer support is essential and knowledge of Shell, XML, SOAP, REST, Diameter, and other TCP/IP protocols is strongly desirable. Experience of supporting and operating of Telecommunications OSS & BSS solutions using best-in-class tooling, such as Kubernetes, Jaeger, Grafana, OpenNMS, JIRA, Wireshark, SOAP UI, Bash scripting is also essential, as is an analytical approach to problem solving.
We would love it if you have: -
• Experience leading and mentoring a DevOps team
• Experience in day-to-day management of cloud based solutions including software deployment and upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management and configuration
• Experience with a Shell scripting and Java
• Familiarity with RDBMS and SQL
• Software troubleshooting in a UNIX or Linux environment
• Support and operations track record
• Customer facing and collaborative management skills
• Broad understanding of telecommunications (Policies, Charging, Billing and CRM)
• Exposure in Software Design & Development
• Demonstrate analytic abilities so that you can guide the team on troubleshooting issues
The impact your role will have
The skills you bring to the team
- You will manage a team that is evolving, supporting and operating cutting edge software solutions that integrates into our customer’s Mobile Network. We are keen to bring on board an experienced manager who is passionate about solving complex problems, thrives in a fast paced, demanding environment and is eager to take on new challenges as we evolve our innovative solutions in the 5G space. A professional with an appreciation of the wider field of technology outside his/her own specialisation. Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is core for this person to have a ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork and is available for reasonable level of travel (<10%) in the APAC region (after the pandemic is over).
How your work impacts the organisation
- Above all else, you will have excellent analytical, communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills and the ability to run multiple tasks at a given time;
- You have a clear ability to set incident and problem priorities and are comfortable making decisions on how best to deliver these based on agreed SLA;
- An ability to influence key stakeholders and get buy in on proposed solutions, fixes and their deployment to Production environment
- Positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren’t afraid of a challenge;
- Collaborate effectively in a team and open to exploring all options to resolve an incident or problem;
- Ability to provide technical guidance to your team;
- Ability to explain in layman terms the incident and problem to the customer;
- A burning desire to ‘be your best’ and work in an environment where you can really have an impact.
- Always willing to learn the new technologies of 5G PCF, CI/CD (Continuous Integration & Continuous Development) and leading the team to ensure solution evolution and stability.
This role sits within the Delivery and Customer Enablement (DCE) group, whose stated purpose is to ensure Openet’s customers’ current & future success by delivering and enabling innovative, customer-centric software solutions. Optus On-Site DevOps Team Manager role is key to our ability to deliver and solve with Customer culture and ensure the best customer experience and operational enablement of our state of the art 5G technology. Be a part of our journey and #beyourfuture.
Winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award (2017 & 2018) Openet provides the solutions and consulting services that enables telecommunication service provider’s fast-track their digital journeys. Our solutions process more than 20 billion events and transactions every day and do this across more than 330 million subscribers for more than 75 service providers worldwide. We deliver the most innovative and high-performance software for these businesses to grow and evolve and we currently partner with 7 out of the 10 largest global telecommunication service providers. Openet is incredibly proud that 11% of global mobile data traffic is enabled using our software.
Employing almost 700 people worldwide, since its foundation in 1999, Openet has been at the forefront of telecoms software development and innovation. Our success is signified by the many long-term relationships we have fostered with the largest, most progressive and demanding operators across the globe. We delight at turning innovation into business value.
OUR CULTURE & VALUES
At Openet we hire people, not just skills. We are looking for people with a love of working collaboratively, focused on continuous learning and excited to be your best. People who thrive in Openet enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, where each day brings different opportunities to do great things; adaptability is hugely important to the way we work. But we are not comfortable with settling and so we demand that everyone in our business challenges and asks why – to be innovative means striving to be better, working smarter and seeing the value in ‘out of the box’ thinking. But why? At Openet we are obsessed with solving with the customer – understanding their problems, working to delight them, considering their success as our success. It’s that simple.
Check out www.openet.com for more information about working @ Openet!
Openet is an equal opportunities employer.