About the Role
As the Assistant to the Store Manager you will lead and inspire the team to achieve overall success in a high sales- driven environment.
You will assist in managing the team across all aspects of store operations.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead by example to maintain management expectations across the team
- Manage in-store employee relations such as KPI’s and performance management
- Train, mentor and coach team members to work towards goals and succession planning
- Problem solving and ability to provide solutions
- Assist in managing the team (sales floor & back of house) to ensure that tasks are completed in an efficient and effective manner
- Assist with visual merchandising to ensure all merchandising standards are met
Who You Are
- You're an ultimate team player who will create value in any situation and lead by example.
- Leader, motivator and overall inspiring individual
- You enjoy working in the Telecommunication industry & adapt well to frequent change
- You have a proven track record in achieving targets in sales and customer satisfaction.
- High level of detail and excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Enjoy meeting people & interacting with the general public
- Role model and lead the highest customer service levels in store
- ·Manage customer escalations and identify where systemic issues can prevent further incidences.
- Maintain transparency of the issues and solutions with my team and Area Manager to ensure continuous process improvement
- Be accountable for everything that happens in store and within my team to ensure the customer has the best experience we can offer
What we offer
At Optus we recognize the importance of attracting and retaining the best people so we offer formal training, professional development, individual commissions and discounts on essential services.
This position will require you to work a flexible roster over 7 days, including weekends and Thursday nights.
If you have the experience and enthusiasm we are after please send your application to without delay.
PLEASE NOTE: applications must include a cover letter outlining your experience and why you feel you would be the best candidate for this role.