About the role
The Coding Quality Facilitator will develop and coordinate the Coding Quality Program, including individual, departmental and targeted coding audits, and provision of audit feedback and education to relevant staff, to ensure a high standard of coding accuracy, consistency and timeliness.
Your success in this role will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge and experience. Within the context of the responsibilities described above under ‘About this role', the ideal person for this role will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Expert ability in the classification of diseases and operations across a broad range of specialties using ICD-10-AM and high level knowledge of Activity Based Funding and the application of these systems within healthcare management.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and expertise and experience in the development and implementation of quality management activities in relation to coded data.
- Develop and perform coding quality improvement activities suitable to an Activity Based Funding environment including coder audits, Diagnosis Related Group targeted audits, service wide coding audits, Performance Indicators for Coding Quality review.
- Demonstrated experience in coding audits, training of staff and the facilitation of coding education programs.
- High-level oral and written communication skills to enable effective interaction in individual and group situations with the ability to coordinate and motivate a team and to communicate with staff at all levels.
- Expert knowledge of the principles of accurate DRG assignment for ABF and Queensland Health key performance indicators such as VLADs (Variable Life Adjusted Displays).
How to apply
To apply you will need to download and read the role description and information package, please provide your CV or resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role, taking into account the key accountabilities of the role. If you are viewing this advertisement on Seek, to access the Role Description please click on “Apply Online” to be taken to our website.
About West Moreton
- 40 Minutes from Brisbane CBD
- 9,521 kilometres region supporting over 250,000 people
- One of 16 Hospital and Health Services (HHS) within Queensland Health
- Fastest growing region in Australia with projected increase of 136% by 2036
- One of the largest employers in the regionThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.