Are you passionate about outcomes for children and young people across Queensland?
We're committed to providing life-changing healthcare for children and young people for a healthier tomorrow.
About the Queensland Children's Hospital
The Queensland Children's Hospital (QCH) (formerly The Lady Cilento Children's Hospital), which opened on 29 November 2014, is Australia's largest and most advanced paediatric facility. Located in South Brisbane, the 359-bed hospital features more than 80,000 square meters of facilities spread across 12 levels.
As Queensland's single specialist paediatric facility, Children's Health Queensland's (CHQ) at the QCH is the hub of a dedicated network of paediatric services available at other Brisbane and Queensland hospitals. Expanding on CHQ's state-wide remit, the QCH also supports regional hospitals through telemedicine and outreach services. This means children and young people can access the services they need as close to home as possible.
The hospital precinct includes the Centre for Children's Health Research, the Children's Hospital Foundation, Ronald McDonald House South Brisbane (opened in 2016) and a new Adolescent Drug and Alcohol Withdrawal Service building.
The position of Clinical Measurement Scientists – Senior Paediatric Cardiac (Echocardiography) will:
- Deliver, as a member of a multidisciplinary team, advanced paediatric cardiac scientific echocardiography services involving complex and critical caseloads to the Queensland Cardiac Paediatric Service in accordance with contemporary clinical practice standards.
- Perform, with a high degree of independence and with infrequent clinical practice supervision, as an advanced practitioner in paediatric echocardiographyinthe paediatric cardiac service at theQueensland Children's Hospital.
Employment opportunities are not limited by race, ethnicity, religion, disability, age, sexuality, gender or other protected attributes. Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
What CHQ HHS can offer
Apart from contributing to the development of Australia's best paediatric health service, you will also benefit from a competitive remuneration package and a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities and supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing. Additional benefits include:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at CHQ HHS here.
Some roles within Queensland Health are designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk roles'. A VPD risk role is a role in which the incumbent may be exposed to the risk of acquisition and/or transmission of a VPD. Please refer to the attached Role Description for more information and what requirements may exist.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.