About the role
We currently have several exciting opportunities for experienced Administration Support Officers to join the team at Mater Private Hospital Springfield. These roles are being offered are permanent full-time and casual positions working across Monday to Sunday with shifts varying between the hours of 6:00am to 8:00pm.
Mater Private Hospital Springfield is a state of the art 80-bed hospital which provides a range of medical and surgical services comprising a combination of overnight and day medical/surgical beds, and a day oncology unit within a dedicated cancer care centre. Mater Health Centre Brookwater delivers an integrated health service to the residents of Grater Springfield covering a range of specialist and allied health services.
These positions will be in the Outpatient Department, Theatre Bookings and Brookwater Specialist Clinics as required.
Salary range: $32.77 - $36.63 (Mater Corporate & Administration Award Level 3) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Joining a values based and friendly team dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external stakeholders within a busy and dynamic environment, your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Providing a professional administration service for patients, family, staff and VMOs
- Using hospital information systems to record patient information, ensuring high levels of accuracy and discretion
- Assisting with patient and VMO general queries
- Appointment and clinic management
- General administrative tasks as required
As the successful candidate for this role, you will have:
- Well-developed customer service and communication skills
- Previous administration experience within a hospital/healthcare environment (essential)
- Experience using medical terminology (desirable)
- Great teamwork skills and contribute to building a strong, unified, interprofessional team at Mater Springfield
- Be keen to suggest new and better ways of doing things and take a positive and adaptive approach to change
- Advanced computer skills and the ability to learn hospital database programs
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- High commitment to attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience using iPM (desirable)
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 23 August 2020.
Please note, we are currently not accepting applications via Recruitment Agencies and kindly request no contact is made.