We have 2 part time positions available at Cranbourne Secondary College:
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST and MENTAL HEALTH NURSE
The mental health practitioners (MHP) initiative provides for a suitably qualified mental health professional in all government secondary school campuses.
Operating in collaboration with the Department of Education and Training’s Area based multi-disciplinary teams, this role will have the following functions
Provide direct counselling support and other early intervention services for individual students and groups identified as at risk and/or experiencing or demonstrating mild to moderate mental health needs
1. Deliver professional support service/s in a school/s, including the direct counselling for students with a range of mental health issues, applying sound theoretical knowledge and practical expertise.
2. Plan and implement evidence-based intervention strategies for students with complex needs including collaborating with families, other professionals and agencies when appropriate, and manage the associated risks.
3. Work collaboratively with the school to contribute to policies and operational practices that will guide the work of others, including other school wellbeing staff and teachers.
4. Provide leadership and professional learning to others, such as teachers and other school wellbeing staff, to build the capacity of schools to improve students’ learning and developmental outcomes.
5. Liaise with other Department areas (including secondary school nurses and Student Support Services staff) and external service providers where necessary to provide support to students.
6. Maintain professional competence and continued professional learning, including attending professional development activities throughout the year.
7. Meet relevant policies and legislative requirements in relation to student health information privacy.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE on 24/9/2020.