The UGLs Manufacturing & Maintenance facility based in Bassendean are currently seeking applications from experienced Electrical Fitter to join the team. These roles will be working across 2 shift patterns 6.00am – 2.30pm & 2.00pm – 10.30.
About the role
- To perform trade related tasks such as component overhaul, installation of mechanical and electrical equipment, fit out of mechanical equipment and acceptance testing.
Inspect and interpret drawings and specifications and determine method of Manufacture and standards required.
Ensure active involvement in Lean Manufacturing and 5S activities.
Raise relevant work issues to area supervision and management.
A strong commitment to maintaining a strong safety environment
- Australian Electrical Fitter trade certificate.
Ability to read, interpret and understand plans, diagrams, drawings and specifications, as well as read and interprets internal and external reports.
Knowledge of manufacturing and component overhaul processes and practices, as well as a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of techniques for interpreting of production scheduling and costing
Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Previous experience working in the Rail Industry (desirable)
What we offer
- Full time permanent role
- Competitive hourly rate according to Bassendean Enterprise Agreement
Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
A change to join a 6,000 + strong organization owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
As a diversified services organization, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
If you are confident you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, then please apply now
Job Ref No: 240807
Discipline: Electrical Fitter
Primary Location: Australia-WA-Eastern Suburbs
Work Type: Full-time