The GM - Legal, Compliance and Company Secretary is responsible for managing all aspects of the Group Legal, Company Secretary and Compliance function of this ASX listed group.
This role works closely with the Executive Leadership Team and the Board and its Committees. The team comprises separate Legal, Risk, Compliance and Group Secretariat teams which, together, develop, maintain and monitor a system of rules, controls, policies and procedures to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
Who we are looking for:
- Develop and implement long-term strategies to ensure the provision of fit-for-purpose, and commercial, corporate legal advice; and best practice
- Lead and assume overall accountability for the achievement of operational excellence in function
- Lead key Legal, Secretary and Compliance projects as required each year, ensuring a relentless focus on simplicity, agility and strong risk management
- Lead and inspire the team towards a high-performing team culture
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve business priorities
- Prepare and monitor the annual operating budget to ensure expenditure is in line with forecasts by exercising judgment and taking preventative or corrective action as required
- Ideally you will have a strong background in Corporate Law coming from a top-tier law firm or similar top listed organisation
- Detailed knowledge of the Corporations Act (particularly Chapter 2M) and the Listing Rules
- Experience in leading Legal, Company Secretary and Compliance teams or the aptitude to do so
- Ability to adapt to changing internal and external environments and can support teams to do the same
- Advanced commercial acumen
Please send your resume in MS Word to Catherine Wolfe-Coote at