With approximately 50,500 talented people globally and 5,400 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Due to anticipated growth, we are currently looking for an experienced Water & Wastewater Treatment Engineer to join our National Treatment team and ideally be based on our Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne offices.
While we are a large global business, we aren’t tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career.
What We'll Love About You
- Work as part of a growing national multi-disciplinary water and wastewater treatment team.
- Contribute to the delivery of multiple projects of varying complexity and size by providing input in planning and design activities
- Contribute to the production of concise high-quality technical documentation that effectively present complex information to technical and non-technical audience.
- Undertake liaison with project stakeholders including client and vendors.
- Provide technical contribution to proposals and/or pursuits.
- Participate in company’s Young Professional development and mentoring initiatives.
- Active involvement in the water industry and events through attendance of technical sessions and conferences held by industry bodies.
This role is strategically important to our future growth and impact. We are looking for someone who has a can-do attitude, who is consultative, able to prioritise their work and get things done. The successful candidate will be a team player, and able to work with a range of stakeholders including influencing senior leaders as well as their peers.
What We Will Offer You
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Chemical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Typically, 3 - 6 years’ experience.
- Experience in the municipal water and wastewater industry in Australia is mandatory.
- Technical skills in process design across a broad range of areas within Wastewater Treatment discipline.
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, contribute in a team environment and be adaptable
- Hands on experience in Mass Balance/Design basis/Equipment Sizing/PFD/P&ID/FDs.
- Experience in the application of modelling software and/or analytics techniques, including Biowin experience.
- Ability to prepare technical reports on small to medium projects and prepare sections of larger reports.
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…….
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.