RACQ exists to make life better for every Queenslander, we’re big enough to make a real difference in our community, yet small enough to nurture your professional and personal development. We are seeking Insurance Pricing professionals
to bring their analytical skills and insurance business acumen to the fore in making price determinations for member and customer segments across RACQ’s direct and intermediated product portfolios. Two career opportunities
exist within our Insurance Pricing team for a Pricing Analyst
and a Pricing Manager
. Pricing Analyst
Our Insurance Pricing Analysts produce and effectively communicating robust and insightful pricing analyses and recommendations that stand up to scrutiny. Our Analyst’s take ownership of the execution of the end-to-end pricing process through delivering on individual responsibilities and effectively managing working relationships and deliverables from other business areas. Where required our Analyst’s will seek context and guidance from the pricing team and manager, senior management and the wider business to ensure that pricing recommendations align to RACQ strategy and values. Pricing Manager
Our Insurance Pricing Manager will lead, effectively manage and develop a team of highly skilled professionals that can inform and influence pricing capability development across the insurance business. Be pivotal in transforming robust and insightful pricing analyses and recommendations into real commercial outcomes that drive business value and stand up to scrutiny. Our manager will be accountable for the market pricing capability development and delivery for new and existing products, ensuring that team members are equipped to deliver on both their individual responsibilities and effectively manage working relationships and deliverables from other business areas. Our manager will have a keen awareness of the greater business and ensure pricing decisions align to RACQ strategy and values. Each role requires varying expertise in
Desired Skills And Experience
- Overseeing and undertaking pricing analysis to support the development and maintenance of new and existing products
- Ensuring that pricing practices comply with RACQ Code of Conduct and other relevant acts and regulations such as the General Insurance Code of Conduct, Australian Privacy Principles, ASIC, APRA, FSRA and ATO.
- Presenting outcomes from analyses in relevant forums and to seek approval and guidance from senior management
- Contributing your skills and expertise to the team providing domain expertise and pricing subject matter expertise within the broader insurance business line
- Gathering, structuring and analysing internal and external data using a broad range of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics technologies
- Preparing and manipulating data to enable modelling, analysis, monitoring and/or reporting components of the pricing process
- Analytical modelling skills including understanding and execution of statistical and/or machine learning approaches applied under a broad range of technologies
- Collating predictive model outcomes and/or actual data to perform pricing analyses that have a complete view of cost, price, competitive position and demand
- Facilitating the pricing implementation process by generating payloads and other process artefacts required from the internal IT department
- Responding to emerging experience observed after a price change in an efficient and effective manner
- Generating clear and concise documentation for repeatable processes developed within the team and be able to effectively hand over such processes to other analysts.
- Developing and maintaining monitoring reports that assess the financial health of the portfolio and assess the effectiveness of pricing decisions
- Performing pricing analysis as part of the usual portfolio review processes and make pricing recommendations
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant study area - Mathematics, Computer/Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Studies.
- 5 -7 years relevant experience ideally - Manager level role
- 1-3 years relevant experience ideally – Analyst level role
- Knowledge and understanding of general insurance contexts and financial statements, together with the specific drivers and metrics of portfolio performance
- High level of computer literacy including advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Experienced user of technology, systems and programming languages for the management, transformation and analysis of complex data
- Demonstrated data wrangling skills using a broad range of technologies
- Experience and expertise in the design, development, testing, deployment and implementation of analytic solutions using a broad range of technologies in insurance pricing and portfolio monitoring contexts
- Experience in presenting outcomes of analysis and influencing sound decision making among peers and management
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical individuals
- Time management and organisational skills
- Self-motivated to find answers to business problems by establishing effective relationships across the organisation
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to show sound judgement, be objective and impartial in recommendations and advice
RACQ is committed to ensuring that every employee has access to flexibility in their role. We encourage all candidates to discuss what flexibility means to you, and how we can help you find your balance.
Working at RACQ brings some great benefits, free Roadside Assistance and significantly discounted RACQ products & services, for you and your family.
RACQ is a 'Circle Back Initiative' employer - we commit to respond to every applicant. Ready to apply? You've got this.
Application Closing Date Friday 25 th September 2020
we do not accept third party or emailed applications. You may be required to complete video interviews, psychometric testing, a medical and/or criminal history check as part of the application process.
Questions? Please contact or visit www.racq.com.au/about/careers/our-recruitment-process
Eight Mile Plains