RAC looks after over one million members in WA. This means we hold a lot of data, to provide the best member experience we can deliver across all aspects of our business.
As the Data Governance Manager, you will be working as part of a newly formed Data Governance team to implement an enterprise wide data governance program. This will help to ensure we build customer-centric and focused solutions that are backed by reliable and accurate data.
Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, this is a full-time permanent opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Liaising between Business, functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for identifying sensitive data are clearly defined and documented
- Working with leadership to identify data domains and domain leads, owners and stewards to assist in the development and delivery of appropriate data literacy training across the organisation
- Developing and maintaining an inventory of the enterprise information, including authoritative systems, and information/data owners
- Working with business owners to define and establish data quality rules, definitions and strategy consistent with organizational strategies and goals
What are we looking for?
- Significant experience in an advanced data governance role within a member centric organisation.
- Significant experience in building and implementing the enterprise wide Data governance strategy including Data Quality standards, Development of Data dictionary, Data catalogue, Data Privacy, Data Classification and Information Labelling etc.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets.
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends.
- Tertiary qualifications in a quantitative field such as, Science, Statistics, or in Business, Commerce, or Marketing discipline are mandatory
- Any Azure experience is desirable
What can we offer you?
- An organisation actively promoting growth mindsets, enables professional development and puts personal development plans in place. We actively support our people to achieve ongoing certification in their technical interest areas to assist with career development.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits and free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus Super and a very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
We are looking for enthusiastic, forward thinking individuals who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation. If you have a genuine passion for innovative technical solutions that deliver business value, the fortitude to follow best practice delivery approaches and the aptitude to build strong working relationships with multiple project stakeholders, we would like to hear from you
To be considered, please formally apply by completing an online application
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact .