Position Title ICT Service Delivery Coordinator
Position Number 39827 Location Darwin
Designation TGEN Band 4 Senior Manager Admin
Reports To (Position Title) Manager ICT
Northern Territory Government
Information for Applicants Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and an attached resume/cv .For further information for applicants and example applications: click here
If you are selected and accept this position, a detailed summary of your merit (including work
Information about Selected history, experience, qualifications, skills, information from referees, etc.) will be provided to other
Applicant’s Merit applicants, to ensure transparency and better understanding of the reasons for the decision. For
Territory Generation is a Government Owned Corporation that was formed in 2014. We produce approximately 1900GWh of
electricity per year to provide power to the people of the Northern Territory. Our vision is to be the Northern Territory’s trusted and
respected energy services business.
Our actions, words and behaviours are guided by a core set of values that form the foundation of everything we do. Our values are
Focus, Integrity, Respect, Safety and Teamwork (FIRST).
We recognise that individually, our employees offer unique value and perspective and we are committed to a workplace that supports
people from all backgrounds.
People Leader Responsibilities
As a leader of people you are accountable for coaching, developing and leading your people to achieve agreed objectives which
contribute to the shared vision for Territory Generation. You actively demonstrate the organisation’s values and hold your team
accountable for their performance and behaviour. Key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates a sound awareness of the Vision and objectives of the Corporation.
- Place highest priority on organisational goals and anticipate effects of own area plans, actions and objectives on
- Drive for results – ensure team goals and objectives link back to the organisational objectives and adjust with the
Focus needs of the business.
- Establish and monitor performance objectives for self and subordinates which support the organisational goals.
- Provide timely appropriate feedback on performance. Reinforce efforts and progress and ensure ineffective
performance or behaviour is effectively managed.
- Remain self-disciplined and calm under pressure, develop realistic timelines and action plans to achieve agreed
- Demonstrate the organisation’s values. Help subordinates understand the organisation’s vision and values and
Integrity Conduct business in line with the values and high ethical standards – considers values in all business interactions;
- Ensures compliance with legal, governance and policy requirements;
- Deliver on commitments – where commitments cannot be delivered on, communicates openly and honestly and
sets new timelines for delivery.
- Actively listen and seek information to understand circumstances, problems, expectations or needs of team mates
and subordinates to improve working relationships;
Respect Actively support organisational goals and change initiatives – identify subordinate concerns and address in a timely manner;
- Look for opportunities to reinforce and recognise the importance of accomplishment by individuals and teams in
supporting the Values through their actions.
- Actively promote safe work behaviours to reinforce a positive safety culture
Safety Ensure safety KPIs are established and achieved in own area;
- Challenge unsafe behaviours and recognise good safety behaviours;
- Monitor safety performance ensuring team takes ownership of their safety performance.
- Build positive working relationships within own team and other areas to help achieve team/department goals;
- Coach and guide direct team to accomplish work and team objectives by setting specific performance goals and
Teamwork following up as necessary; Encourages subordinates to be accountable and take responsibility for actions.
- Take an active interest in the goals and progress of other departments/areas/teams.
- Focus on personal growth and establish development plans to address gaps and which will help the achievement
of performance goals.
People Leader JD Template Version :
1.0 P a g e | 1 Date XXXXXXX
You will be responsible for providing high level strategic and operational advice on the effective and commercial management of
Information Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure and services to support business efficiency across Territory
Your accountabilities include:
1. Provide high level input to the development of strategic ICT policies, procedures and practices to provide effective and
efficient business and operations systems across Territory Generation.
2. Manage the development and implementation of effective ICT service delivery policies and tools to assist in achieving
operational effectiveness and enhancing ICT capabilities.
3. Provide leadership and management to multi-disciplinary software integration and service provider teams responsible for the
integration of operational ICT services.
4. Lead and manage the unit’s human, financial and technical resources to deliver effective management of business and
information management systems across Territory Generation.
5. Provide high level input to the Territory Generations strategic ICT infrastructure Plan and Business Plans that support the
objectives of the Branch.
6. Ensure the efficiency of current computer based systems is continuously monitored and improved to ensure business
performance and data integrity and new systems are implemented as required.
7. Manage the relationship between ICT service providers and Territory Generation including monitoring service provider
performance against agreed contracted deliverables ensuring value for money for outsourced ICT services.
8. Carry out duties in accordance with Territory Generation’s safety, environmental and quality policies, safety principles,
corporate values and strategies.
1. Demonstrated ability to lead and manage the development and implementation of effective ICT service delivery policies and
tools to assist in achieving operational effectiveness and enhancing ICT capabilities.
2. High level strategic leadership and management skills with proven ability to lead and motivate a team in a high pressure,
complex environment including business planning, budgeting and management of output performance.
3. Ability to develop and retain strong professional working relationships and effectively negotiate with internal stakeholders,
external contractors and vendor representatives.
4. Sound ability to pro-actively approach complex and diverse issues strategically, analyse and manage associated risks and
effectively negotiate change management to resolve them.
5. A positive and pro-active attitude, results oriented and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
6. High level written and oral communication and negotiation skills including a proven ability to develop and present complex
reports, submissions and correspondence.
7. High level knowledge of contemporary issues and initiatives in the areas of IM, ICT and business systems.
8. High level knowledge of systems security, administration and change processes in ICT systems.
9. Ability to carry out duties in accordance with Territory Generation’s safety, environmental and quality policies and corporate
values and strategies.
Territory qualifications in business, information technology, public sector management or similar.
People Leader JD Template Version :
- Service Delivery Coordinator
- ICT Service Officer
- Senior Network Engineer X 2
- Senior Server Engineer X 2
1.0 P a g e | 2 Date XXXXXXX
Key Internal Relationships
- Manager ICT
- System Administrators
- Program and Project Managers
- Control Systems Engineers
- Business Unit Managers
Key External Relationships
- Web developers/providers
- Contractors and Service providers
No. of Employees Reporting (approx)
REVIEW / AUTHORISATION
Kelly Kanafani Date 02/09/2020
Minh Tran Date 26/08/2020
Eddie Mallan Date 26/08/2020
Pre-Employment medicals are a requirement for all Territory Generation positions.
People Leader JD Template Version :
1.0 P a g e | 3 Date XXXXXXX