Lead the Top End Health Service (TEHS) Patient Accounts Teams in the planning, development, implementation
and evaluation of patient generated revenue activities and projects and ensure the team provides quality services to clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the Royal Darwin Palmerston Hospital (RDPH) Patient Accounts staff in line with quality Human Resource Management
2. Develop and maintain robust systems and processes to optimise Own Source Revenue and establish controls to facilitate adequate
recovery of costs from patients and third parties where eligible and within policy frameworks
3. Provide high level advice and reports on revenue strategies
4. Actively contribute to the identification, development and implementation of various projects to support revenue optimisation and
improving health service outcomes for Territorians
5. Identify training needs across TEHS and provide training for hospital staff involved in data collection for revenue generation
6. Develop and maintain effective relationships to resolve queries in relation to patient accounts
7. Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in
order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces
8. Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour.
1. Ability to supervise staff, set priorities and monitor workflows
2. Develop procedures and work practices with a commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement
3. Experience in developing and conducting training sessions and presentations
4. High level of interpersonal oral and written communication skills across all levels of government and private sector including health
5. High level of Information Technology skills with the ability to utilise patient information systems and electronic invoicing systems
as well as document and data management skills to develop reports, correspondence and system processes
6. Knowledge of the Health Insurance Act, National Health Reform Agreement, Medicare Benefits Schedule, compensable funding
arrangements in a public health system and other related legislation and guidelines including the Financial Management Act
1. Certificate IV in Leadership and Management or similar.
Department of Health has a Smoke Free Policy. Staff are not permitted to smoke anywhere on Departmental
premises, facilities or vehicles, nor whilst working off-site. Positions may be subject to pre-employment checks such as immunisation
requirements, working with children clearance notice and criminal history checks. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from
this position unless it is a relevant criminal history. More information on pre-employment checks specific to this role can be sourced
through the vacancy contact.