With approximately 50,000 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
To find out more about working at WSP, our culture and values, please visit our website www.wsp.com.The Opportunity
With recent wins in the water sector and ongoing projects in the transport, resources, renewable energy, local government and development sectors, we are expanding our team of environmental scientists/managers to deliver complex project assessments and provision of environmental advice. We are also positioning ourselves to capitalise on major construction projects expected in the coming 12 months.
The Queensland market is growing with major water and wastewater projects, ongoing delivery of transport projects and continued investment in the renewable energy sector. WSP is well positioned locally and already on tender teams with tier 1 contractors for the detailed design and delivery projects in 2020. Specifically, we are preparing for several major rail and road projects.
WSP provides comprehensive environmental assessment, management, planning, and compliance services. This ranges from involvement at the earliest stages of a project, such as feasibility studies, to securing planning, development and environmental approvals, subsequent monitoring and auditing to ensure compliance with regulatory approval conditions.
Our Brisbane Environment Planning and Stakeholder Engagement team is expanding and currently looking to welcome an Environmental Scientist/ Environmental Advisor
with environmental assessment and environmental management experience.Day To Day, You Will
- Drive project environmental performance
- Prepare Environmental Scoping Studies, Environmental Assessments and Environmental Management Plans
- Ensure the timely and on-scope delivery of city and community-enhancing construction projects
- Ensure sustainability initiatives are effectively communicated
- You will also get involved in the Planning and Approval process with the support of the broader experienced team
Some of the key projects our team are involved in:
- Logan Water Infrastructure Alliance – ongoing role in the Alliance, with the planning team performing at a high level by securing project planning, development and environmental approvals to allow construction
- DTMR business case and road design projects – input to business case, preliminary and detailed design projects, with the development of approval strategies.
You will work within multi-disciplinary project teams and share knowledge with international colleagues. You will have access to a strong client base in the transport, resources, power, construction, water and wastewater and property sectors.
For more information about our Environmental Planning services: click here.What We'll Love About You
You have from two to six years of experience as an Environmental professional. You are looking to take the next step in your career, to take on increased responsibility and work in more complex projects.We Specifically Seek a Self-starter With
What We Will Offer You
- Formal relevant qualifications and industry affiliation in environmental assessment, environmental management
- Relevant qualifications and eligibility for industry affiliation (e.g. EIANZ)
- Understanding of Queensland environmental assessment framework
- Knowledge of environmental legislation applicable to construction sites/projects
- Experience in planning, development and environmental approvals would be beneficial
At WSP, we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave and purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.