An Environmental Health Officer is needed in a temporary capacity. Located on the fringe of Metropolitan Melbourne, this council prides itself on its vision of community sustainability.
This is a temporary, short term contract role commencing September 21, 2020 and ending 13th November 2020 and offers 38 hours per week.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for making day to day decisions and implementing actions relating to Public Health and Environmental programs regarding food safety, waste water and infectious diseases.
You will have experience working as an EHO previously and be able to:
- Prepare comprehensive reports and make recommendations on Public Health issues and other matters.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to council and the community.
- Implement legal proceedings and represent the council.
- Maintain accurate manual and computer based records and systems.
Key Selection Criteria
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health)
- Eligible to be a member of the Australian Institute of Environmental Health (Vic Division). Membership is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental health legislation including a high level understanding of the underlying principles involved in interpreting the legislation and regulation.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work, both on an individual, team basis and where appropriate that of other staff, within a set timetable and in an environment of change and conflicting demands to achieve specific and set objectives.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with people from a wide range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to