Our client is an established builder/developer delivering projects throughout South East Queensland and New South Wales. This client's project portfolio is diversified across the aged-care, retirement, and residential sectors. Building in excess of 500 homes per annum, our client has forged a reputation combining quality builds with profitable investment opportunities.
Boasting diversified interests across the housing market, green field developments, and commercial builds, significant growth means our client is searching for a Procurement Manager for their Gold Coast Team.The Role
This role is suited for a candidate with experience working for both a residential AND commercial builder. They should have experience in managing procurement policies and negotiating contracts and supply agreements with suppliers, contractors and subcontractors to ensure cost savings are maximised and quality expectations exceeded.Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure cost savings are maximised and project dates are achieved
- Provide support to the Project Team for the effective management of subcontractor and supplier payments in accordance with the contract teams
- Review bill of quantities to ensure accurate procurement of goods and materials
- Review of legitimacy of claims for delays acceleration and EOT’s in accordance with the contract and in conjunction with the Project Team.
- Analyse tender submissions and prepare documentation to suppliers and subcontractors
- Provide support in the development and maintenance of the project agreement templates (including subcontractor agreements, supply agreements, professional services agreements etc.)
- Work towards best practice at all times, improving and developing company systems and processes
- 5+ years experience as a Procurement Manager/Estimator/Project Manager working for a contractor delivering projects across commercial, aged-care AND domestic sectors
- Tertiary qualification in Construction Management, Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Working knowledge of Databuild and other related project softwares would be advantageous
- Proficient in ensuring that the contractual risk assumed is controllable, consistent with Company policies, and comprehensively understood and managed by all project participants
If it sounds like you are well suited for this role, please click "apply now". Otherwise, please email me - click apply