Engineering / TechnicalPosition Type
1350008 6B.1B.668_Lvl_3_EE_Sys_Design_Engineer.pdf (PDF, 158KB)
Job SpecificationShare This
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.The Opportunity
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is growing and as a result are looking for senior RF communications systems engineers.
You will be part of a team integrating communications hardware with opportunity to support and develop other projects across a range of Boeing Defence Australia programs.
We are seeking talented Senior RF or HF Communications Systems Engineers
to support and develop world class platforms including:
- Land, maritime or airborne based RF communications systems including line of sight, beyond line of sight and SATCOM.
- Surveillance, sensors (RADAR, ESM) and battle management systems.
The role can be based in either Brisbane or Adelaide.Responsibilities
As a Boeing engineer you will have the opportunity to contribute to a broad range of engineering activities including:
- Requirements analysis and specification, design, procurement and development
- Integration and testing of sensors, hardware and communications systems into both the laboratory environment and the platform
- Understand and develop link budgets and link performance analysis for terrestrial and satellite based communications systems
- Understand modulation and coding in communications systems and their impacts on link performance
- Conduct activities in accordance with project plans, and established practices and standards, while continually seeking out opportunities for process improvement
- Provide support and troubleshooting during the installation and testing of communications systems and hardware
- Develop engineering documentation and configuration management artifacts
- Guide less experienced engineers
- Bachelor degree in electrical/electronic engineering, or communications systems engineering or similar
- Experience in any of the following HF, VHF, UHF and SATCOM
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.Benefits
How To Apply
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
View the full Position Description and apply now.