- 10+ years relevant work experience in technology enabled consultative solution selling or business development roles focused on transformation in large public sector or enterprise customers.
- 5+ years experience developing, implementing, managing and executing field programs.
- Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scaleable propositions.
- Working knowledge of emerging, current and legacy application + infrastructure architectures, processes, frameworks, technologies and tools.
- Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of cross-functional projects within the program - work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Demonstrate a strong bias for action and hands on approach.
Would you like to engage with organizations to help them achieve extensive business value by migrating and modernizing technology landscapes to AWS? Are you interested in helping them to achieve large scale cloud transformation and accelerate innovation?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring an Associate Business Development Manager to work with and enable our public sector account teams and customers accelerate their cloud transformation journey. There are requirements for Go-To-Market definition, deep financial analysis and developing business functions that allow for scale for across Asia Pacific & Japan. Additionally, driving customer engagement, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver large scale cloud transformation and application modernization projects within the public sector segment. You must be effective at working with senior customer and partner leadership to qualify, develop, and close deals with knowledge of migrating and modernizing applications, and the methodologies that have been developed to reduce risk, and help achieve transformational outcomes.
You will drive a cross functional team including business development, sales, solution architecture, partners, and professional services, engaging with senior leadership internally and within the customer environment. Your role will be focused on driving successful outcomes for customers, developing IP and mechanisms to build repeatable and scaleable engagements, and building an effective partner ecosystem.
The right candidate will have experience engaging public sector customers together with services, technology and application partners on large scale transformation projects. They will have a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong business understanding to provide confidence to customers and overcome objections, ability to shape business benefits through the business case, demonstrate a good understanding of cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
- Working backwards with customers from their business objectives and organizational future state to accelerate transformational change through migration and modernization into the AWS platform.
- Lead cadence with cross functional teams/stakeholders for pipeline and deal reviews and drive continuous improvement.
- Drive a cross functional team in large scale opportunity development and closing incl. building business cases, proposals and plans to help customers identify and realize business value outcomes.
- Drive the evolution of IP and mechanisms to build scaleable and repeatable customer engagements.
- Work with sales and marketing to identify and execute strategies to build the funnel of opportunities including account planning and deal development.
- Collaborate with industry and technical teams to expedite customer and partner requirements.
- Conduct customer briefings, present at customer and marketing events, and other AWS thought leadership events.
- Build dashboards and reporting mechanisms to capture/communicate results and progress.
- Periodically document and present results, insights, learnings and recommendations to executive leadership.
- Travel to customer locations as needed. Estimated 50% travel requirement across Asia-Pacific & Japan.
- Direct experience of driving large application + infrastructure platform migrations (and ideally application modernization) incl. 3+ years to public platforms.
- Experience of emerging, current or legacy application + infrastructure processes, frameworks, and technologies incl. Operating Systems, data platforms and tools, application development and execution, operations and systems management.
- Education- Computer Science and/or Engineering highly desired; MBA or commercially focused degree highly valued.