Department: Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology
Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Hours per week: 0.4FTE
The Staff Specialist in Neurology (0.4 FTE) position requires ANZAN Level 3 accreditation in Clinical Neurophysiology with skills and experience to independently conduct and report a full range of advanced clinical neurophysiology diagnostic services including Nerve Conductions studies, EMG, EEG and evoked potentials for inpatient and outpatient referrals. The role also entails leadership of SVH Neurophysiology services as Head of Neurophysiology Unit. The delivery and leadership of clinical neurophysiology services is the core responsibility for this position. An additional requirement is participation in teaching and training of Neurology advanced trainees in clinical neurophysiology. The position also requires participation in the neurology on-call roster.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian. For more information and how to apply, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018 _009. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
What we offer
- Generous salary packaging and Fitness Passport for eligible staff
- Opportunity to access a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Supported post graduate opportunities within applicable fields
- Careers development opportunities across the St Vincent’s Health Australia Network.
- Accrued day off once a month where applicable
- Employee Assistance Program
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
When applying for the position, Applicants will be required to upload a recent Resume as well as a separate Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria for the position as outlined below. Applications for this role must be made online via our eCredentialing System which is available at the following link: https://st-vincents-cgov-thcr4ka9.patientsafety.com/webframe/modules/mod_meldingen/FormController.php?form_id=ccb17491-1c5e-2b64-f9d7-57b99959b558
- Possess, or be eligible to possess, specialist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Registered Medical Practitioner with FRACP in Neurology
- ANZAN Level 3 Neurophysiology accreditation (minimum 1 year Fellowship training or equivalent in Neurophysiology)
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and high standards of clinical practice in Neurology and Neurophysiology commensurate to experience which is appropriate to the requirements of the position;
- Demonstrated leadership skills that support and foster innovation to create a learning culture, with proven ability to improve the quality of services and patient care outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality compassionate medical care as evidenced by recent practice experience in working congenially and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and as a provider of services that engender high levels of patient satisfaction and experience;
- Demonstrated ongoing contribution to the development, dissemination, and translation of new knowledge and practices commensurate with work in an academic teaching hospital environment;
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries.
Review the following documents:
A/Prof Stephen Tisch, Head of Department - Neurology on email
22 September 2020 11:59pm