Grade 2 Clinical Pharmacist (Cover Position)
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Grade 2 Clinical Pharmacist to join the team at Northern Health.
The Grade 2 Pharmacist has responsibility of overseeing the pharmacy services including ensuring competency, credentialing, supervision and professional development. They will ensure excellence in client care, evidence-based practice, and service improvement and risk management with a key role in the student program, research and innovation.
The Pharmacist is primarily responsible for the pharmaceutical review of medications prescribed at Northern Health is in accordance with all relevant legislative, PBS, practice standard and accreditation requirements.
- Providing a pharmaceutical review service in accordance with SHPA standards of practice, pharmacy service, accreditation and legislative requirements;
- Liaising with other health professionals to support optimum drug therapy;
- Complying with Northern health formulary and standard operating procedures
- Recording service documentation, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other required statistics;
- Maintaining professional competence and continuing education activities so as to assist in teaching pharmacy students and trainees.
The role will require staff to be flexible with their working hours to meet the changing operations demands and can include working after hours, on weekends and public holidays. Staff will be required to travel and work across the various Northern Health campuses, programs, and partner organisations.
In the first instance this role is a Permanent Full Time position at 80 per fortnight.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to join a friendly and progressive team in a rapidly expanding and dynamic organisation.
- Encouragement to grow, innovate and partake in ongoing training and development programs.
- An inclusive and culturally safe space.
- Benefits including salary packaging, monthly accrued day off, flexible working arrangements, access to EAP, library access and onsite car parking.
Next Steps . . .
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts. For further details, please contact Carol Ly via