Regional Director of Mission - ACT
- Join one of Australia’s leading health, community and aged care providers
- Executive leadership role promoting the mission, spirit and core values of Calvary
- Permanent full-time position with substantial remuneration package
About the role
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Regional Director of Mission to join our regional executive leadership team and promote the mission, spirit and core values of Calvary.
Reporting to the Regional CEO ACT this position will be involved in shaping and supporting the strategic goals of Calvary hospitals, aged and community care in the region as well as integrating core elements of the mission and Spirit of Calvary into organisational operations. The mission leader oversees specific areas of responsibility in support of Calvary’s Strategic Intent, the Mission Governance Framework and the Region’s services plans.
This role provides leadership and support to staff leading mission integration in services and promotes alignment of professional practices, care delivery and collegial relationships.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Theology, Ministry, Clinical Care, Social Sciences education and/or Business or related studies (or working towards such qualifications)
- 10 years+ experience in area of expertise ( Aged, Community, Hospital) with a track record of achievement in Health
- Outstanding leadership skills with high level EQ and ability to bring strategic direction and a collaborative spirit to our services
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, interpersonal, relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Person of faith who is well formed in the Catholic tradition and ethical principles, including upholding the Catholic identity of the organisation to integrate into health care ministry the key principles of Catholic theology
- Analytical skills with solid understanding of financial metrics
In return you will enjoy many benefits that Calvary has to offer and enjoy working within a supportive team environment with colleagues also committed to the care of others in a mission based organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a leading mission based health care organisation. We offer paid parental leave, salary packaging, career progression, flexible working hours and training and skills development. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality. Further details are available here: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/careers/benefits/
Calvary is a national Catholic provider of health, community and aged care services operating in six states and territories. Our services include public and private hospital care, acute and sub-acute care, home care services and retirement and aged care services, in both rural and metropolitan areas. Calvary employs over 11,000 people and has over 1,500 volunteers.
Calvary continues the mission of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, a mission focused on caring for those who are sick, dying and in need. We express our values of hospitality, healing, stewardship and respect through “being for others” exemplified by the Spirit of Calvary and the example of Venerable Mary Potter.
How to join the team
To join our diverse, compassionate and dedicated team for a rewarding Calvary career, please submit an online application including:
- Cover letter of not more than 2 pages outlining why you believe you are suitable for this senior role within the organisation
- Current CV with contact details for at least 2 professional referees
Please note: attached to the job advertisement on the Calvary Careers portal are important documents relating to the role. Please ensure you view these documents before beginning your application. It is suggested that you download a copy of these for your reference.
Candidates must have Australian or NZ Citizenship or the capacity to permanently work in Australia.
As part of the application process, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, to ensure your suitability for the role.
Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.