- Join Australia's next iron ore producer
- Supportive and dedicated team environment
- Fantastic career opportunity
Nathan River Resources is Australia’s next iron ore producer.
The company has recently updated its Mineral Resource and Ore Reserves for the Roper Bar Iron Ore Mine, located 50 km inland from the Gulf of Carpentaria in the Northern Territory. Nathan River has consolidated the entire ‘pit-to-port’ logistics chain, including open pit mines and infrastructure, private haul road, ship loading facilities and transhipping marine vessels. Iron ore mining and export operations are planned to commence in Q3 2020.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently recruiting for an Indigenous Site Administrator to provide administrative support to the General Manager Mining Operations and other staff as required and to coordinate the Roper Bar Iron Ore Mine Site office
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide general administration support to the Manager General Mining Operations including word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of presentations
- Maintain the daily schedule and travel arrangements for the General Manager Mining Operations
- Be the first point of contact for all incoming phone calls and correspondence to the mine site
- Manage the site travel bookings including air, road and accommodation for staff
- Office management duties to the mine site including stationary orders and mail
- Establish and maintain the electronic filing system
We are seeking a motivated and reliable Site Administrator who has the demonstrated ability to show initiative, be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
To be successful in this role you will require:
This position is only open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), s 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
- 2 years’ experience in an administration role, preferable within the resource industry
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Current C class driver’s licence
- Strong coordination and organisation skills
- A willingness to do what needs to be done
- A friendly and approachable manner
This is a permanent position based at the Roper Bar Iron Ore Mine in the Northern Territory.
The position operates on a FIFO basis from Darwin on a 12 days on / 9 days off roster rotation.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate which includes participation in the company’s STI scheme.
Nathan River Resources is committed to the principal of equal opportunity and provides a workplace where all employees are treated fairly, with respect and where each person’s talent and contribution is maximised.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 14 SEPTEMBER 2020
Please note: Interviews may commence prior to the advertised close date
Candidates will be considered via direct application only.
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role.